Encountered a sharing violation while accessing

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to switch one file to another it shows below error, Please help

ERROR:

Encountered a sharing violation while accessing

c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Temp\DownloadCache\fonC0A.css

dreamweaver.jpg

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Just now, I encountered the same message when re-loading DW on a Windows 10 machine.

My solution was to click the OK button to get rid of the message, close the offending file and reopen. Gone problem!

I am fairly sure that the problem is caused by the operating system rather than DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solution in Sharing violation when saving in Windows 7  and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now, I encountered the same message when re-loading DW on a Windows 10 machine.

My solution was to click the OK button to get rid of the message, close the offending file and reopen. Gone problem!

I am fairly sure that the problem is caused by the operating system rather than DW.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could solve this issue was to disable "Reopen documents on startup" (Preferences/General).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disable "Reopen documents on startup" also appears to resolve the issue for me also.

However, this is a Windows issues. There are many other programs that are getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could solve this issue was to disable "Reopen documents on startup" (Preferences/General).

Thank you, it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have some post on this issue Dreamweaver 2017 Sharing Violation 

sharing violation (font) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

We have a bug logged for this issue, we will update you once it is fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on a comment on that issue you linked. But figured it would be good to share it here to.

Some Extra info on this error. I am using Latest updated Dreamweaver and Win 10 x64. I get this problem randomly when I Ctrl+S. So when I go to File->safe the file is gone and I save the file where it was. And while this is all happening Adobe CC cloud sync is saying "Unable to sync '_notes'".

Another piece of info is that I am getting lots of random .tmp files, either ones starting with the name of the file or with names like MFCEB9F.tmp.

Also I'm not running a localhost "directly" on this machine. But in a VM using linux on the same machine. So I doubt it has anything to do with a server as I've seen some say (in different forum) in the past with .tmp file.

By the way its March 19, 2018 and some of these problems started around a week ago. The Unable to sync has been happening for months with all different kinds of files. No Clue if any of these problems relate to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could not save an HTML file to a local directory after editing today on Windows 10 with Dreamweaver CC 2020. Because I had made changes, I did not want to close the file and lose the changes.

I was able to save the file to another location, and chose "No" when asked whether to update links.

I later realized that I had opened the file not from the File menu, but from Windows Explorer, by right-clicking on the file and choosing Edit with Dreamweaver.

After that, I restarted everything and opened the file directly in Dreamweaver using File > Open. I had no problem saving the file. In this case.

I've had problems in other programs at times when I open a file for editing using the Windows Explorer shell extensions (the commands like "Edit with..." and Open with..." in the right-click menu). I can't be certain, but opening files this way might cause problems when saving the file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines