Highlighted

Error creating new Bootstrap 4 site in 19.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I new to DreamWeaver and I am trying to create a new Bootstrap 4 site in Dreamweaver CC 19.1 on an iMac (Mojave 10.14.4). In Site Management I click on New Site

-  Name: Test

-  Folder: Desktop > New Folder: Test > Create > Select the new folder and click on Choose

- Under Advanced Settings: Bootstrap version defaults to 4.2.1

- Click on Save

With the root of the new site selected

- File > New > select HTML

- in the Framework panel under BootStrap

- Select Create new > Customize > change columns from 12 to 6 (or change any screen size setting) > click on Create

At this point a Bootstrap message popup appears "Cannot create a new document as Bootstrap customization failed. Try again or click here for troubleshooting."

Unfortunately the "click here" link only gives a 404 error message.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to resolve this error?

Thank you very much,

Jim

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error creating new Bootstrap 4 site in 19.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I new to DreamWeaver and I am trying to create a new Bootstrap 4 site in Dreamweaver CC 19.1 on an iMac (Mojave 10.14.4). In Site Management I click on New Site

-  Name: Test

-  Folder: Desktop > New Folder: Test > Create > Select the new folder and click on Choose

- Under Advanced Settings: Bootstrap version defaults to 4.2.1

- Click on Save

With the root of the new site selected

- File > New > select HTML

- in the Framework panel under BootStrap

- Select Create new > Customize > change columns from 12 to 6 (or change any screen size setting) > click on Create

At this point a Bootstrap message popup appears "Cannot create a new document as Bootstrap customization failed. Try again or click here for troubleshooting."

Unfortunately the "click here" link only gives a 404 error message.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to resolve this error?

Thank you very much,

Jim

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote this tutorial for another reason.  But go ahead and see if you can create a new Bootstrap project with these instructions.  This assumes your local site folder is defined in DW & it resides on your computer's primary hard drive.   For example, C:\MyTestSite\

CC-localsite.jpg

Bootstrap 4.2.1 Navbar with Centered Brand/Logo

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as I don't click on the customize button I can create a bootstrap site.  But if I click on Customize to change the number of columns or change the pixel size for the responsive design breaking points then I can't get past the error message.DW_Bootstrap.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootstrap's default breakpoint settings  cover a wide range of sizes from very small to very large and everything in between.  99.98% of the time, you don't need to change the default breakpoints.  But when you do, it should be done through SASS.   See customizing Bootstrap below.

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/getting-started/theming/

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is probably a true statement, as I said I'm new to Bootstrap.  However the question remains why did Adobe include it as an option in DreamWeaver CC, and if it is an option shouldn't it work?  So for now I'll just write it off as a bug in Dreamweaver CC and continue on with my travels.

Thanks,

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I tried to recreate your issue at my end but issue is not reproducible.

I tried on Mac (Mojave)

Dreamweaver CC19.0.1 (Bootstrap version : 4.2.1)

I also tried on Dreamweaver 19.1 (Bootstrap version : 4.3.1).

Could you please try your steps after clearing the preferences?

To clear preference you need to follow below steps:

- Go to systems library > Application support > Adobe.

- In Adobe folder, remove Dreamweaver folder.

- Also delete Dreamweaver from common (navigate to system library > Application supports> Adobe> Common)

- Navigate to system Library > Preferences, Here remove Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019 prefs.

Now, perform your steps.

Hope, this will help.

If still your issue is not resolved, kindly let me know.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Bootstrap so I'm trying to learn a bit about it. Maybe the solution is to override the Bootstrap CSS as you did in your example instead of using the customize option. But that assumes you know enough about Bootstrap CSS to know what to override with custom CSS.

Jim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help you Bootstrap 4 Tutorial

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We really appreciate you in providing the complete details of your operating system. Sorry that you are getting the error "Cannot create a new document as Bootstrap customization failed." while using DW 19.1 on Mojave 10.14.4. Thanks for sharing the steps that you have tried and reporting that the link of troubleshooting help article is not working.

In addition to what Ben and Nancy has suggested, I'd request you to try the steps mentioned in this link: Troubleshoot linting and Bootstrap issues in Dreamweaver and share the results.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2019 0