• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors in .js files before I've even done anything

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon "creating new," after selecting html>bootstrap>create new, the file opens with multiple errors in the two attached .js files.

"Source code" and "bootstrap.css" have the green checkmark in properties panel, but "jquery-1.11.3.min.js" and "bootstrap.js" have red checkmarks and are full of errors.

I am working on creating a site for my college final due at the end of this week and I cannot even begin because of these errors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DW. I have deleted all my previous assignments, and still the errors exist.

Please help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

You can safely ignore those JS & CSS warnings in Bootstrap.  They contain many vendor prefixes and other workarounds for lesser browsers which are necessary to work but not technically standards compliant.  If it bugs you, turn off code Linting in your Preferences.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can safely ignore those JS & CSS warnings in Bootstrap.  They contain many vendor prefixes and other workarounds for lesser browsers which are necessary to work but not technically standards compliant.  If it bugs you, turn off code Linting in your Preferences.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

If it bugs you, turn off code Linting in your Preferences.

Turn it off! Get on with your life!

is my advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JQuery and Bootstrap files should be READ ONLY.  Do not attempt to edit them or you'll break your site.   Custom code should be put in separate external files.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines