• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExManCmd issue

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background. After trying CC for Dreamweaver after the CS3 suite Extensions manager started crashing, I've been trying to install a third party extension as per instructions using ExManCmd.

As a side note, the instructions on the site will not work since they have the wrong folder name, but I took care of that.

Okay, now I have ExManCmd working, but when I attempt to install the Extension I use the following:

./ExManCmd --install com.hotdreamweaver.form2mail.zxp

Then I get the response:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/VulcanMessage5.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/michaelcoslo/Desktop/./ExManCmd

Reason: image not found

Abort trap: 6

Any ideas? I would like to at least try CC to see if it will work, as I will be in a world of hurt if I switch over from CS3 - which doesn't work, to CC, and still have an issue.

Thanks, Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Personally, I'd try one of the free Extension Managers from Project VII or DMXZone and try installing it that way.

I know their EM's work with at least some third party extensions, hopefully they would work with this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Dreamweaver support forum​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'd try one of the free Extension Managers from Project VII or DMXZone and try installing it that way.

I know their EM's work with at least some third party extensions, hopefully they would work with this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension file formats have changed since CS3 came out 11 years ago.  Pre-CS6 extensions were MXP files.  You need a ZXP file now.  Do you have one?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, PVIIexman did the trick. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, I was getting this error as well. It was caused by trying to run ExManCmd alone without the other files it came with. Keep the folder structure as it is when you download it from Adobe's site and that may resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines