Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting iFrame code from Dream Weaver to Wix.com

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help me?

I have created a Flipbook in HTML5 in Flip PDF whcih has created the traditional tinity of  index.html page and two folders of asssets. But I can't embed them to my Wix site as it only allows hosted files from a HTTPS server (which I dont have) or HTML5/HTTPS code  only to an site created iFrame.

Dreamwaever in CC opens/edits the files, but i cant find anyway to convert or export the files to the Embedded HTML iframe format. 

Does anyone know a work around?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to have an SSL certificate applied to the Dreamweaver site. Another way is to stop using an inferior product like Wix.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work pro bono for not for profits and charities and they don't have the funds or expertise to manage more complex solutions!!!  Wix may be inferior but it allows these worthwhile organisations to do good in their communities. So here I am stuck in the middle... a great product to add to an 'inferior' site with no money to pay for an SSL certificate... Can anyone else add any other suggestions or 3rd party converters? If Dreamweaver 'the great' can't do this very simple export requirement. I don't know what will. Flipsnack offers it but on a yearly subscription so it can be done. DW is such a market leader it must be able to export the basic code????? Or there must be a workaround somewhere????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't something that is a restriction of Wix by any means, nor is this something that DW can magically do for you.  Dreamweaver doesn't make content secure, it edits code.  Most modern browsers will block non-secure content from loading on a secure site.  It's called mixed-content.  It's a security risk and should never be done.

Additionally, most hosts, outside of Wix that likely host your DW site, will have free SSL options like Let's Encrypt which should allow you to host SSL content for this purpose.  I wouldn't recommend it for an e-commerce store, but for your purposes it would be fine.

If that isn't an option, a few things.  First, before going and building something for a client, you should be sure of their requirements and understand what can work in their environment.  Otherwise the only person wasting time/money/resources is yourself and not the client since they won't pay for something you developed that they can't use.  Wix does have a PDF App within their hosting that may solve the client need.  Have you explored that option ( https://support.wix.com/en/article/adding-and-setting-up-the-pdf-viewer-app )?  There are also other Wix widgets that will allow you to do the same.  I would recommend exploring them as well as options.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Not sure what you think Dreamweaver is.  It's merely a glorified code editor and site management tool.  It cannot convert your 3rd party widget into something it was not intended to be.

#2 Free, third party SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt, Cloudflare and other CAs are available if your hosting plan supports them.  

#3 FlipBooks are non-essential, meaning they may look slick but do they really improve the user's experience or do they just create unwanted usability problems?  Agencies, particularly non-profits and gov't who are required to adhere to WCAG & ADA section 508 will not be too pleased if your FlipBook puts them out of compliance. 

https://flippingbook.com/help/publisher-2/general/accessible-publications-for-people-with-disabiliti...

Just a little something to think about...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. the obvious one is to get an SSL certification for my HTTP space and embed the site from there. I did not know there were free ones available and our ISP wanted NZ$200+ for a basic one, so this alone really helps us so much. This is really a proactive add-on we wanted to make for our client to try to give their fundraisers a marketing separator from a load of other charities, clubs and individuals all seeking partnerships and funding from the same small group of (COVID hit) companies! It's a short-term one-off project... A little bit of fluffy marketing 'razmataz' to make people remember our client... Initial feedback is that it's new enough in this part of the world to make a slight difference... whether it converts to $'s for their community projects we will have to wait and see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the Control Panel for your http hosting space, if you have one. Some hosting comes with a default 'clickable' option to install 'Let's Encrypt' on your server . If its not an option in your Control Panel maybe your hosting provider could install it for you as an option, its worth approaching them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried hosting the site with Google Firebase. For a modest site it is free of charge and includes a free SSL certificate.

Go to https://firebase.google.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoJX8BRCZARIsAEWBFMJdhlPTsimjKOSobsLXBBrpXfH2UW9N-i4r1KHqi... to get started.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines