• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extend Studio [3rd party extension maker]

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using ExtendStudio extensions for quite a number of years. I had a problem with one of the extensions in January and up to the time of writing this (end of March) I have not had anyone from their support team get back to me. I have tried through different email addresses but nothing. Now when I opened my Dreamweaver cc 2019 this morning, all the extensions have vanished! I downloaded their Extension manager but it doesn't support cc 2019. So basically I am now left with websites made using these extensions that can't be altered or updated. I have just tried to reinstall the extensions using the DMXzone extension manager but I get error messages when I try and open Dreamweaver. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get these extensions back on cc 2019 and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has problems with Extend Studio - as I find their support system the worst I have ever come across.

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

CC2019 failed to bring across the extension I had installed in DW.

It's happened to a few other posters I've seen.

We probably don't see many of the people it happens to coming to this forum. They likely go to the extension developer's sites to see how to get them re-added (I know I would) ever since Adobe stopped offering an Extension Manager. The command line installation instructions are out of most people's comfort zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, you might want to try using an earlier installed version of DW CC which allowed you to use the Extend extensions without difficulty.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with cdeatherage, install an older version and work from there if the incompatible extensions are necessary to your workflow.

As a CC Subscriber, you have access to all versions of DW since the Creative Cloud came out and you can have all full versions installed on the same machines under your subscription license. They won't run concurrently, but that's usually not an issue.

To install older versions...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Install/Update/Open button
4. Choose "Manage"
5. Choose "Other Versions"
6. Click a version you know worked with your old extension and install

In the future, when updating DW, or any Adobe application, make sure to click the Advanced Options link in the installation dialogue window. That will allow you to un-check the "Remove Older Versions" option so you can keep your old program until you're sure the new one will fit your workflow. Keep in mind that dot releases will overwrite the older version, for example you can't have CC 2019.0 and 2019.1 installed at the same time, but something like 2017.2, 2018.0 and 2019.3 would all be fine.

Unfortunately, updating as soon as a new version is released is no longer a safe thing to do with Adobe software, given the very fast pace things are changing. Personally, I still use DW CC2015 for development while installing the latest versions along side it for evaluation. I couldn't use CC2018 at all, there were just too many bugs, but CC2019 has been much better (I don't use extensions though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happening to me, it seems you can only go back to Dreamweaver 2019 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be helpful:

Upgrading Dreamweaver

Just for clarification purposes, I believe Extend might have closed shop (at least for Dreamweaver extensions). We've been making extensions for quite a bit longer and still support our products, so it's not an issue of extensions in general not working.

We've still got a large and vibrant community of users 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cuillinfm  wrote

Now when I opened my Dreamweaver cc 2019 this morning, all the extensions have vanished!

Installed extensions don't normally vanish except when  Preferences are restored.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed extensions don't normally vanish except when  Preferences are restored.

That's not so. Not with the CC series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce it with any of my DW extensions.

If you can, you should file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in contact with the Exchange manager and a few DW programmers for the better part of a year. Bug reports don't do anything with Adobe. If it did, the beta forum would still be hopping... and so would Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2019 failed to bring across the extension I had installed in DW.

It's happened to a few other posters I've seen.

We probably don't see many of the people it happens to coming to this forum. They likely go to the extension developer's sites to see how to get them re-added (I know I would) ever since Adobe stopped offering an Extension Manager. The command line installation instructions are out of most people's comfort zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using "Anastasiy’s Extension Manager", download from http://install.anastasiy.com/# - I've just used it today to remove my old Extend Studio extensions (although there was one it couldn't handle). It's a free app and works with CC 2019/2020 and the peeps who write it look pretty legit, they sell extensions for Adobe products. Good luck with it - I think Extend Studios have fizzled out; I bought a lot of their stuff but in the end never used any of it except for some experiments/testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem with extend studio plugins. For me they're not working in DW2019 and DW2020. And since I use Catalina, I can't run older versions on my system to reactivate the plugins..... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extend Studio are no longer developing their extensions,  I think you can downoad the extensions from their website but they won't be providing any more support, I'm assuming that will go for their extenion installer too. The Dreamweaver Devs have been tinkering withthe menus.xml file which is probably why a lot of people have been having problems installing extensions. The DMXZone extension installer might the best option to try if you are not comfortable with the Adobe Comand Line tool.

There's a complete disconnect between Adobe and Dreamweaver Extension developers which is why they are dieing out. A shame as the good extension developers add value to Dreamweaver.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Extend Studio have dealt with this is actually quite appalling. I had been having problems with one of the extensions for over 6 months and after 1 contact with their 'support' team I was left floundering. No contact. No replies to emails. Nothing. Then suddenly I get an email from them saying they are no longer supporting the extensions but they can all be downloaded free now from their site. Unfortunately, they have closed down the part of the site where I had all my registration details and numbers but have given a free registration number for all the extensions which, i found, has to be inputted every single time you open the extension up. Also, the forum page has disappeared so, if you do have a problem you can't even check back and see if anyone else had that problem and how they resolved it. It's a shame because, when the extensions worked they were quite wonderful. Now I can't even get them to install properly on CC2020. Going to have to go back to CC2018 which was the last version that didn't seem to have many problems with the extension - not really a solution, especially if Adobe want people to keep upgrading they should at least think about those who have bought the extensions from Extend Studio from the Adobe extensions web page!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Extend Studio have dealt with this is actually quite appalling. 

Not that I have ever used the said extensions, but I think that the above statement misrepresents the satus quo. 

Another extension developer was so fed up with the lack of communication coming from Adobe, that they decided to produce a Dreamweaver of their own, called Wappler, where the extensions are an integral part of the program.

Shame on Adobe.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Seven would be a better option

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you need the now defunct extensions for?  I'm just curious what secret sauce they contain that makes them so precious and irreplaceable?  There are always alternatives when you know what to look for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues - nobody repling to emails. I think they have re-launched as a WP extension company.

I realise there may be other options but I have built a number of sites using Extend Studio extensions and until the clients go for re-builds it would be handy to make any changes using the extensions.

I have downlaod backup copies but cannot find the Universal Key referred to. Has anybody got a copy please in case I need to re-install? Thanks. Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the universal key that I downloaded when they said they weren't supporting Dreamweaver extensions

B573D434-F5420DE2-AF0C9696-E4C210E5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines