Highlighted

Extra Space

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a template for uploading my stories to a website. The template is basically a table with cells for different functions like the header, graphic, story text, reader reply etc. If you look at the screenshot you will see another what looks like a table with a blue highlighted border surrounding my table (my table is the grayed-out area). When displayed in a browser it shows up as extra space to the left  and bottom and I can't seem to manipulate it to make it the same size as my table.

Thanks

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.14.23 AM.png

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extra Space

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a template for uploading my stories to a website. The template is basically a table with cells for different functions like the header, graphic, story text, reader reply etc. If you look at the screenshot you will see another what looks like a table with a blue highlighted border surrounding my table (my table is the grayed-out area). When displayed in a browser it shows up as extra space to the left  and bottom and I can't seem to manipulate it to make it the same size as my table.

Thanks

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.14.23 AM.png

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the complete page code in the forum please, along with any css that the page uses. Unfortunately just showing us an image is not usually very helpful, we really need to see the code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the CSS width of your body selector?  If none is stated, then the body default is 100% of display size whatever that may be.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nancy

Let me check on that.

osgood

Sorry can't let you have the whole page for reasons I'd not reveal - sorry as I know that would be the easiest way

Thanks

Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English100  wrote

osgood

Sorry can't let you have the whole page for reasons I'd not reveal - sorry as I know that would be the easiest way

Thanks

Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

This what you wanted?
Alan

body {

background-color: #EDFCD9;

width: 100%;

height: 100%;

}

body {

background-color: #F1FCE2;

font-family: Arial;

font-size: 16px;

color: #242424;

line-height: 16pt;

width: 100%;

height: 100%;

}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So your page is 100% of display.

I assume your table is much smaller but how much we can only guess.

And then there's the possibility you've got another large container inside your <body> that wraps around your table.   So look at your HTML code structure for a container or wrapper div.  And then check your CSS code for a matching selector name.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 1