Highlighted

Extract panel doesn't load .psd

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I open the extract panel, I choose a PSD already on my cloud to open. It shows that it is loading, but keeps loading indefinitely, with only the transparent background showing, and the four loading squares rotating. When I open the styles tab, it is blank, although the layers tab does show me my assets. When selecting an element in the layers tab, it shows me a blue outline on my transparent grid. Even when opening either of the two tabs (styles/layers), the blue and grey loading squares keep rotating. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug that snuck in with the new release (first time I'm using the latest version).

Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extract panel doesn't load .psd

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I open the extract panel, I choose a PSD already on my cloud to open. It shows that it is loading, but keeps loading indefinitely, with only the transparent background showing, and the four loading squares rotating. When I open the styles tab, it is blank, although the layers tab does show me my assets. When selecting an element in the layers tab, it shows me a blue outline on my transparent grid. Even when opening either of the two tabs (styles/layers), the blue and grey loading squares keep rotating. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug that snuck in with the new release (first time I'm using the latest version).

Untitled-1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the trouble you facing with DW Extract.

1. Do you see this issue consistently i.e. every time you load psd?

2. Is it happening with all of your psd files or some specific one?

3. Can you try the problematic psd in web Extract Adobe Creative Cloud , if same psd works fine there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Inayal,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. I’ve only tried using it once before, last week, and the extract panel loaded the psd.

2. Yesterday it didn’t work with either of two psd’s that I tried. This morning it appears to work with the one, but not with the other one. The one that opens, however, has a simple linear gradient, but when I select the block with the gradient, it doesn’t pick up the gradient. Not sure whether it is a related issue.

3. I am not sure what you mean by the suggestion? I am using the latest DW CC, and the file was selected from my creative cloud (was already saved there), and I have also tried re-uploading the psd, and it still didn’t open. Is there a cloud-based extract feature?

Kind regards,

Nicolaas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolaas,

Yes, there is a cloud based extract feature. if you go to that link, your psd will already be listing there. Just click on that and Web extract feature will be available.

Do let us know if cloud Extract works and DW doesn't.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Inayal.

I followed the link, but it redirects to the Adobe Forums page. Upon closer inspection, the link pastes as: https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.adobe.com%2Ffiles, so when I went straight to assets.adome.com/files it worked. Just for future reference.

The particular .psd seems not be able to render, though. I get the same rotating 4 squares that I do in the desktop DW extract. Might just be corrupt.

I might not be an expert at this, but it does seem not to work quite as well and intuitively as the marketing material would make it seem. But I guess my expectations were just unreasonably high – still rather impressed with the overall functionality of the adobe product suite. Maybe I just need more time to figure out the quirks.

Kind regards,

Nicolaas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolaas,

Thanks much for checking in web extract and confirming that its not working there too. Could be a psd issue? Does it open fine in photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 0
NicK_RSA LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jip, opens fine in Photoshop. No worries – these things happen.

Kind regards,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 0