Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract panel not functional

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noticed I've been having some issues with my current version of Dreamweaver, 20.1

I'm learing how to use Dreamweaver for a class and for some reason my Extract panel is not working at all. I've tried many possible solutions including; downgrading from the latest version, signing out of my CC account and signing back in, restarting my laptop. Still nothing.

Not sure what else I can do, Also, my Live view Element widget isn't functioning. I figure I'll make another post about that after this.

I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Any help would be great, Thanks.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

First none of those things you said about downgrading, logging in or restarting will help if something is wrong with Dreamweaver.  If you look into this KB article there are a few options such as deleting the filecache, recreating the user configuration folder, and also the CC Cleaner tool for re-installation that would potentially fix DW if it is the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

With that said, the fact that widgets are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First none of those things you said about downgrading, logging in or restarting will help if something is wrong with Dreamweaver.  If you look into this KB article there are a few options such as deleting the filecache, recreating the user configuration folder, and also the CC Cleaner tool for re-installation that would potentially fix DW if it is the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

With that said, the fact that widgets are not working in Live View and your extract panel is not working, are you working in a defined site in Dreamweaver ( How to Define a Site - https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/how-to/define-a-dreamweaver-site.html ).  If you are, can you explain what is not working? Is it greyed out? Are you getting an error? If so, what error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben, I appreciate you taking the time to assist me.

I am working in a defined site. I added a screenshot to show my file panel and what the extract panel is displaying.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.17.54 AM.png

I found this post to try to fix the extract panel issues but its not helping.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/why-won-t-the-extract-panel-load-in-dreamweaver-cc/td-p/6... 

I am not getting any errors, the panel is just not loading. From what my textbook is showing, it should show this after clicking Window>Extract.

IMG_9603.JPG

As for my Element widget, these little blue boxes are supposed to display after placing an insertion point. The widget are supposed to offer different options depending on the element (i.e. text: bold, italic, link to file / img: HTML attributes window, etc.) I know there's other ways to do these but the class assignment is to follow the text. My instructor unfortunately isn't any help.

IMG_9604.jpg

I hope this better explains what I'm trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 EXTRACT PANEL

Did you upload the PSD to Creative Cloud?

Are you synced to the cloud from your CC Desktop App?

https://helpx.adobe.com/cy_en/dreamweaver/using/dreamweaver-integration-extract.html

#2 LIVE VIEW

Go to View > Live View Options > remove checkmark from Hide Live View Displays.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ben!

I recreated the Dreamweaver user configuration folder and that solved the issues.

-Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines