• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAO Under S

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Ben locked the post, before l could reply, in which you called me out for disliking your regular and unwanted dismissive attitude towards those who try and help you. Your insults are unwarranted and tiresome........l suggest you take your questions elsewhere.

Hopefully the few contributors in this forum that actually have the experience to provide you with the information you require will  now see you for what you are, l have suspected for some time, and boycott you should you continue to post as Wolf an l will be doing in the future..........dont bite the hand that feeds.......that constitutes a jerk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Os,

I don't know what provoked such bitter feelings or why.  It just sort of came out of nowhere. 

I don't  have the attention span for long meandering posts.  Nobody does.  I usually skim for facts & ignore incidentals. So if I miss an important point in somebody's question, that should not  be construed as unkind, rude or ignorant.  It's really just normal noise filtering.   A brief question gets my attention a heck of a lot faster than a tome does.   And if I need  more information, I'll ask for it.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Hi Os,

I don't know what provoked such bitter feelings or why.  It just sort of came out of nowhere. 

I don't  have the attention span for long meandering posts.  Nobody does.  I usually skim for facts & ignore incidentals. So if I miss an important point in somebody's question, that should not  be construed as unkind, rude or ignorant.  It's really just normal noise filtering.   A brief question gets my attention a heck of a lot faster than a tome does.   And if I need  more information, I'll ask for it.  

I think it's a case of this person doesn't actually want to be helped. I guess it takes all sorts but they don't have to be quite so dismissive and condescending if they get a response that doesn't quite meet with their expectations/requirements. Those few here that generally respond to questions, on a regular basis, are doing their best to help and make suggestions, provide opinions. It's just much more polite to either not respond or acknoweldge the post and state its not quite what I was looking for but thanks for your time and effort.

Madness really, if you alienate just a small percentage of those few regulars the less chance you have of getting a response to your posts. Soon they will just be talking to themselves carrying an attitude like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Ben locked the post, I resorted to DM.  Basically pointed out where Under S went wrong, but I'm sure it'll be lost on Under S.

There are now two people on my list of users I will not exert any effort to assist.  When I provide a fairly solid response to at least _part_ of the original request and get a "hey, thanks for nothing" attitude, it's time to sit back and let them squirm.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WolfShade  wrote

When Ben locked the post, I resorted to DM.  Basically pointed out where Under S went wrong, but I'm sure it'll be lost on Under S.

There are now two people on my list of users I will not exert any effort to assist.  When I provide a fairly solid response to at least _part_ of the original request and get a "hey, thanks for nothing" attitude, it's time to sit back and let them squirm.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Yeah, I have no issues with any poster who has strong opinons about certain issues/workflows, even those who post 'tongue in cheek' jests, it's all part of the game but I draw the line when I think someone is being excessively arrogant, ungrateful and down right rude without reason. We all have different opinions/thoughts, what works for one doesn't always work for the other but you should be able to at least throw them into the ring for consideration, without fear of being belittled, just because they don't necessarily meet with ones own thoughts.

I put it down to being a bit strong-headed and can only hope if they post again it will be a bit more considered in future given that we are all providing our time free of charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines