Highlighted

Favicon in Preview Mode

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

here is my code for my favicon, it is 16x16 pixels and is an .ico file. but i cannot get it to display in real-time preview mode. Is there a trick to this or will it only display when you upload your site to the web?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Favicon in Preview Mode

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

here is my code for my favicon, it is 16x16 pixels and is an .ico file. but i cannot get it to display in real-time preview mode. Is there a trick to this or will it only display when you upload your site to the web?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try without the leading slash as in

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

This is not a Dreamweaver associated problem, but more of a server problem.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried without the slash but it broke the link to my icon. What did you mean by, "This is not a Dreamweaver associated problem, but more of a server problem." ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried without the slash, did you also refresh the browser? If using Chrome, you may also have to delete the cache.

The leading slash denotes the root directory of the site. I have found that my Windows-Wamp server does not recognise it as such. That is why I say that it is not related to Dreamweaver.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried without a slash and cleared the cash as well and still no luck with the favicon in preview mode. I do have the favicon in the root directory. and without the slash it breaks the link to the image.

Thanks for the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2018 0
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my favorites and apple touch icons at root level.

GitHub - audreyr/favicon-cheat-sheet: Obsessive cheat sheet to favicon sizes/types. Please contribut...

Nancy O'Shea, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 1