• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Compare using BBEdit not working

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to switch to using BBEdit from FileMerge because it is more feature ricg, e.g. has an option to ignore line endings (macOS/Windows). I have installed bbdiff in /usr/local/bin/ and linked to it in DW file compare preferences but BBEdit just opens a blank page without opening the file compare window.

DW20.0 BBEdit13.0.4 macOS 10.14.6

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nauticalmac,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are able to reproduce this issue internally and investigating the root-cause of the same. Meanwhile, can you please try using some other File comparison tool eg. Beyond Compare etc and let us know if you are encountering the issue with all tools.

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, FileMerge works but is missing a feature I need. What would be the application file I would point the FileCompare preferences to use Beyond Compare now that I have installed it (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nauticalmac,

Under File Compare preferences, you can point to bcomp executable available under /usr/local/bin/ to use Beyond Compare.

You can install command line tools of Beyond Compare by invoking Beyond Compare menu --> Install Command Line Tools.

Please let us know if the above steps worked.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nauticalmac,

Thank you for confirming. We have found the root-cause w.r.t BBEdit tool and working on the fix. We will update this post once the fix is available in future Dw updates.

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nauticalmac

We are happy to inform you that we have addressed this bug in our 20.2 release.You can update to 20.2 from Adobe creative cloud.

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not resolved yet, FileMerge still works OK but when I change the compare app to BBEdit, first time I had a permissions meessag allowing DW to use BBEdit but then nothing. bbdiff is at /Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/Helpers/bbdiff and there is a link /usr/local/bin/bbdiff pointing to it.

Any advice on how to get it working?

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bbdiff opens OK from Terminal with two file names

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

We are seeing it working with latest Dw 20.2 update by setting '/usr/local/bin/bbdiff' under Dw preferences window > File Compare. Also can you please check if BBEdit is allowed to be accessed from Dw since OSX requires this option to be checked. PFB the steps:

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.

• Select Automation.

• Select the tickbox next to BBEdit under Adobe Dreamweaver app to allow the access.

Please confirm if the above works else we can have a remote connect session at a suitable time to you for further investigating the issue on your machine.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines