• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Missing

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe I have no clue what i am doing but apparently styles.css  and styles.scss  cannot exist together in a folder. When I make the scss file - both files are then erased to blank.

Anyone can help me. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Yes they CAN exist in the same folder BUT usually you would want to keep them in seperate folders as its less likely you will open the wrong file and work in that. If you are working with SASS then you should never touch the associated .css file after creating it. You work exclusively in the .scss file and everything you do in that will automatically get complied to the .css file. So if you created the .css first and worked in that and then created the .scss file, opened it and saved it with not

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes they CAN exist in the same folder BUT usually you would want to keep them in seperate folders as its less likely you will open the wrong file and work in that. If you are working with SASS then you should never touch the associated .css file after creating it. You work exclusively in the .scss file and everything you do in that will automatically get complied to the .css file. So if you created the .css first and worked in that and then created the .scss file, opened it and saved it with nothing in it then it would wipe out anything in your .css file. The .css file is an EXACT replica of your .scss file - albeit the css is compiled of course.

Personally I never use SASS as I feel its potential to cause confusion is greater than its value, especially if you are designing basic websites. You could have a developer in your team or another team come along and change your .css file, without you knowing, which then renders your .scss file next to useless i.e. you then, yourself, work in the .scss which gets complied to the .css and any additions in the css file, which the other developer included directly gets wiped out.

Web-development these days is overly complex and uneccessarily so in many cases as a result of new developers wanting to distance themselves from what has become an easy, mostly skilless profession, so they invent more and more complex routines to fool themselves into believing they are inteligent, skilled and clever where in fact they are quite the opposite, management gets more complex, clients pay more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines