• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file problem

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My students are opening their files in Dreamweaver CC2017 and they are gone.  When they try to recreate them it says the files already exist and then they have to change the name of the file. Has anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

murphyteacher  wrote

When they try to recreate them it says the files already exist and then they have to change the name of the file.

This tells me that the file properties are being set to read-only.  Normally if a file isn't set for read-only, DW asks if you want to overwrite the file.  Which makes me wonder what process is setting the files for read-only.  This might be related to how/why the files are empty when opened.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  If the students are allowed to bring in CD/DVD or flash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can honestly say that has never happened to me.  My workflow is to create a local site folder on my primary hard drive for which I have full admin (read & write) privileges.   If I open a file and it's contents are not displaying, I must conclude that file contains code errors or is corrupted in some other way.

Do your students save their files to the computer's primary drive, a flash disk or a network drive?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

murphyteacher  wrote

When they try to recreate them it says the files already exist and then they have to change the name of the file.

This tells me that the file properties are being set to read-only.  Normally if a file isn't set for read-only, DW asks if you want to overwrite the file.  Which makes me wonder what process is setting the files for read-only.  This might be related to how/why the files are empty when opened.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  If the students are allowed to bring in CD/DVD or flash drives and put anything they want on their system, have all systems installed with MalwareBytes, updated of course, and run a deep scan on all systems.  I wonder if your network may have been compromised.

I'm not trying to be alarmist or spread panic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines