• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File View Columns

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Site Setup / Advanced Settings / File View Columns I have to change them all to "Show" everytime I set up a new site AND I think when Dreamweaver gets a major update. How can I change it to DEFAULT to all columns "Show".

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Files Panel columns are off by default.  And there is no global option to change it.  I guess I reflexively right-click to add the fields I want to the sites I want without thinking much about it. 

Feel free to submit a feature request from your DW Help Menu.  If enough people agree with you, maybe they'll add a  global option to a future release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a custom workspace?

Are you syncing your workspace and other custom settings to the Cloud?

Preferences > Sync Settings.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A custom workspace saves it? Is there a way to change the default? So those settings would be default on all, or new, workspaces?

Yes I set it to sync on iCloud but it doesn't sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files Panel columns are off by default.  And there is no global option to change it.  I guess I reflexively right-click to add the fields I want to the sites I want without thinking much about it. 

Feel free to submit a feature request from your DW Help Menu.  If enough people agree with you, maybe they'll add a  global option to a future release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that's easy enough. I didn't know you could right-click (it's control-click on my mac). 

I was going into site>preferences which is a pain. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last update (21.0) all my columns of the file view have disappeared. Are you serious to define such a simple function for every site? I have about 150 sites to manage and such paternalism makes me angry - in 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer use mouse right click or control click to choose other columns in the Files panel menu.When I do this I see a light gray box. I only see the Local Files, nothing else. I'm using the latest update (21.0) on a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. This seems to have happened very recently (27 days ago) with an update from Creative Cloud. This function is vital to my workflow...can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this yesterday and was able to click on the blank grey box to make the selections.

Today I look - and it works fine. Weird.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try resetting Dw preferences and confirm if the issue gets resolved else we will further investigate the issue.

Reset Dw app prefs: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and it didnt work. I right click but nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you right-clicking on?

See screenshot.

image.png

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines