Highlighted

Files won't open from my NAS

New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I got a new NAS for my files and now I wanted to create a new Dreamweaver Site for my several websites. But I'm not able to open files, which are located on my NAS. Every other Adobe program is able to open those files, but Dreamweaver sends me error messages like this:

The files are 100% available, but they won't open.

The NAS is connected by SMB to my iMac. Does anyone has an idea what I can do?

Thx in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files won't open from my NAS

New Here ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I got a new NAS for my files and now I wanted to create a new Dreamweaver Site for my several websites. But I'm not able to open files, which are located on my NAS. Every other Adobe program is able to open those files, but Dreamweaver sends me error messages like this:

The files are 100% available, but they won't open.

The NAS is connected by SMB to my iMac. Does anyone has an idea what I can do?

Thx in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Dw 2017 would not work with NAS drives, but I did not check Dw 2018, except to see how a few new features worked, but I do know that it also will not work with remote network drives, (except git).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paula,

what do you mean by not "..work with NAS ?...", could you please elaborate ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

Hello Paula,

what do you mean by not "..work with NAS ?...", could you please elaborate ?

Have not tried with Dw 2018, as once I could not connect to a secure remote drive, did not test further for file/site managment.

With Dw 2017, Dw recognises NAS drive but trying to get files from it was a very, very slow process, and even when it did eventually open the file, if there were any references to files on the NAS drive Dw would 'hang'. At one point I could literally make a coffee, drink the coffee and read a couple of pages from a novel, between every character I tried to write in code view.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2018 1
May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I'm working on a synology system, using the last up to date OS and applications, and DW works correctly with those system. DW 2017 and DW 2018.

The local folder is located on the NAS (to be shared by all the office)... double cliking on a file (on the file panel) takes less than a second to be open ?

When I face some slow use of DW, I try to move files on local hard drives , but DW is still slow... so I imagine that when DW is slow, it is because DW is slow... due to something else that NAS. I still haven't found why ?... and what ?... so I moved back to CS6 and everything works like a charm

that's why I was asking you what do you mean exactly by not working on NAS.... do you have any feedback from folks at Adobe that we don't ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2018 0
May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add also that as you , I have faced slow way from DW, in code view, very hanging, very busy and very greedy on ressources... UP to 1.6 Gb...  but it also happen if DW doesn't use any local folder and web site definition...  so as I told before, it has no interaction with NAS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

so I moved back to CS6 and everything works like a charm

I moved to CS6 also, with no problems.

I did report the problem back in the 2017 pre-release but had no feedback from the team. I did wonder at the time if it could be anything to do with the NAS drive being a secure connection with user name and password protection, as I also had problems with a remote repository, (not git) that was also over a secure connection with user name and password.

Windows 10 was up to date, and had no problems with the NAS drive. If I copied the folder from the NAS to my local drive everything worked o/k, (well, as much as Dw 2017 would allow) and VS Pro worked, which led me to believe it was a Dw issue.

I have completely uninstalled all CC programs now, and only use CS6 versions of all Adobe programs I use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2018 0
May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you describe shows that you have had problems using login/password protected remote disk access, but not really using a NAS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2018 0
May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moreover you do not mention a report coming from the engineers specifying that the use of a NAS causes problems. Is that your assumption?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2018 0