• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Replace Keeps Disappearing

Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Dreamweaver 2018 and trying to do a Find/Replace on a bunch of hyperlinks. Problem is, I open the Find/Replace dialog and paste in the chunk of code I'd like to replace, but then I need to hop over to Chrome to grab the new URL I'm trying to change to and when I switch away from the Dreamweaver window, the Find/Replace dialog disappears. In older versions Find/Replace was either a panel that I could place in Dreamweaver or it at least stayed visible if I switched to another program. Can anyone help me here? I don't want to have to manually type out this long URL just because I can't copy/paste it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

On Windows, make sure you’re in the Code view (or the Code half of the Split view)... you can use the Ctrl + H shortcut to load the Find and Replace panel. If you use it a lot, you can dock it to a position you like and then save your workspace. It should stay put when you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Dreamweaver to the latest version of CC 2019

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce that  in the latest version of DW 2019 on Win10.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, make sure you’re in the Code view (or the Code half of the Split view)... you can use the Ctrl + H shortcut to load the Find and Replace panel. If you use it a lot, you can dock it to a position you like and then save your workspace. It should stay put when you need it.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this is an issue specific to the find and replace window only, it is a UI issue, there were similiar issues with site definition window if you changed focus to a different app with the site definition window open, then returned to Dreamweaver it would freeze.

If you update to the latest version of Dreamweaver CC 2019 I think you will find these issues have been fixed....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines