Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIO: CC OS support changing.

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info users may wish to read -

https://theblog.adobe.com/upcoming-changes-to-creative-cloud-os-support-for-windows-and-mac/

Even some Windows 10 versions will no longer be able to use CC.

I'm not a mac user, but some mac os versions are also loosing support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that support for Windows 8.1  will be dropped but Win7 will remain.   I wonder where that came from.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Interesting that support for Windows 8.1  will be dropped but Win7 will remain.   I wonder where that came from.

I think it has to do with 'extended support'. MS are still offering extended support for windows 7 until April 2020, (along with IE10) but have completely dropped all support for windows 8.1, (except the mobile version) So some enterprise CC users may still be using windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pziecina  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea   wrote

I think it has to do with 'extended support'. MS are still offering extended support for windows 7 until April 2020, (along with IE10) but have completely dropped all support for windows 8.1, (except the mobile version) So some enterprise CC users may still be using windows 7.

I would agree with that. I hardly see, or even saw Windows 8 in enterprise businesses from my work. Windows 7 is predominantly used even today in those companies. Windows 10 is definitely where most of the small-mid businesses.  Not surprised at all on the Mac side though. Mac users tend to dive head first into new upgrades the moment they are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the heads up

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines