Highlighted

Fix your Application

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your going to have all these updates fix the plugin update so that I don't have to reload every single plugin when you release an update. What the heck. This is rediculous. Cloud management app updated and I didn't catch the auto update feature turned back on and now I have to spend hours possibly days locating and re-installingall the plugins and rebuild dreamweaver to my workflow. I mean why? It doesn't even carry over my dual screen layout settings???!!!  This is not a new issue with dreamweaver updates and you need to fix it.

EXTREMLEY UPSET and looking for an alternative to this program because of this. I simply cannot afford to keep using dreamweaver this way and the lack of database support of any kind without plugins is pushing me away even faster; especially given the update issue.

I have been a user of dreamweaver since its inception and now I am so unhappy to be forced to use another application I cannot even begin to stress my dissatisfaction with this product. Drop it or fix it. Make up your mind.

TOPICS
Extensions, Interface, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fix your Application

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your going to have all these updates fix the plugin update so that I don't have to reload every single plugin when you release an update. What the heck. This is rediculous. Cloud management app updated and I didn't catch the auto update feature turned back on and now I have to spend hours possibly days locating and re-installingall the plugins and rebuild dreamweaver to my workflow. I mean why? It doesn't even carry over my dual screen layout settings???!!!  This is not a new issue with dreamweaver updates and you need to fix it.

EXTREMLEY UPSET and looking for an alternative to this program because of this. I simply cannot afford to keep using dreamweaver this way and the lack of database support of any kind without plugins is pushing me away even faster; especially given the update issue.

I have been a user of dreamweaver since its inception and now I am so unhappy to be forced to use another application I cannot even begin to stress my dissatisfaction with this product. Drop it or fix it. Make up your mind.

TOPICS
Extensions, Interface, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, Adobe hobbled DW pretty severely when they took away the Extension Manager and tried to create a marketplace for extensions that they rule over. Extensions made DW what it was and they've largely gone ignored in recent years.

Download the free Extension Manager from Project VII and make sure to keep your extensions near it (in the same folder) for the next update. Loading extensions manually is a totally ridiculous option Adobe has pushed for people who use items not found in their AddOns page.

Database panels are coming back per Adobe here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-2020-roadmap/td-p/10885179?page=1

There are several items that had been removed over the years that are making a comeback including wrapping snippets (already back), UI interface control of code coloring, database panels and Linting as you code (vs on-save only).

None of this fixes your current issues, but it may help someone else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free Extension Manager from DMX Zone works great for me on my Win10 workstation. I use it to install all my 3rd party extensions now.  

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Or try Anastasiy's Free Extension Manager

https://install.anastasiy.com/

Before you jump ship, see the Dreamweaver 2020 Roadmap. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-2020-roadmap/td-p/10885179?page=1

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 1