• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlexiMenu 2 extension

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Fleximenu 2 on Dreamweaver cc 2018 several times.  I tells me that the installation is complete and to restart Dreamweaver.  Everytime I install and restart Dreamweaver, the Fleximenu 2 does not appear in the "INSERT" menu.

Morris Davis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

pziecina  wrote

Somewhere in one of the Muse discussions about the EOL of Muse, (I think it was the one that is 30+ pages) someone posted about extend studio and their extensions for Dreamweaver. In which the person posting said they were not developing Dw extensions further and considering pulling out of the Dreamweaver extension market completely, due to the decline in the number of Dw users. How true that post was, or even if it was from a member of extends team I do not know, but it may be he

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an extension developer, I know that we would certainly respond to a customer support query for such an issue, so the logical answer is for you to contact the developer of the extension. If you bought it through Adobe's App Store, it may seem as if Adobe is accountable to provide support, but support is not something Adobe is very good at. The developer of the tool (Extend Studio, I believe) should be happy to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the documentation?

Documentation - Flexi CSS Menus | DW Extensions | ExtendStudio

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Did you read the documentation?

Documentation - Flexi CSS Menus | DW Extensions | ExtendStudio

Won't do any good. The installation note says:

For Dreamweaver CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC

- open the "FlexiMenus_v2.zxp" file using Adobe Extension Manager

- restart Dreamweaver

Obviously, they haven't updated the instructions in several years. He needs to contact the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, these are the installation instructions for our Adaptive Menu Magic:

Installing Adaptive Menu Magic (AMM)

Extension installer files come in 2 formats: MXP and ZXP. MXPs are supported by Extension Manager versions MX, MX2004, 8, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6. ZXP is supported by versions CS5.5 and higher. To install AGM, open your Adobe Extension Manager, click the Install icon or link, and then browse to where you unzipped the installer file.

Dreamweaver CC 2015 (and higher) Extension Installation Information

As of CC 2015, Adobe has ceased to support its own Extension Manager. Use the PVII Extension Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud...

PVII Extension Manager for Adobe CC
( Windows and Mac)

Download and Install Instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Amazingly, using PVII Extension Manager for Adobe CC, I was able to install the FlexiMenu 2 in the INSERT menu of Dreamweaver CC 2018.  However,  when I attempt to use the extension, I received the following error “insert menu tag error ## TypeError: dreamweaver.flash has no properties” (see attached screenshot).  There seem to be a constant break wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in one of the Muse discussions about the EOL of Muse, (I think it was the one that is 30+ pages) someone posted about extend studio and their extensions for Dreamweaver. In which the person posting said they were not developing Dw extensions further and considering pulling out of the Dreamweaver extension market completely, due to the decline in the number of Dw users.

How true that post was, or even if it was from a member of extends team I do not know, but it may be helpfull if you contacted extend studio themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

Somewhere in one of the Muse discussions about the EOL of Muse, (I think it was the one that is 30+ pages) someone posted about extend studio and their extensions for Dreamweaver. In which the person posting said they were not developing Dw extensions further and considering pulling out of the Dreamweaver extension market completely, due to the decline in the number of Dw users. How true that post was, or even if it was from a member of extends team I do not know, but it may be helpful if you contacted extend studio themselves.

Here is that post regarding the supposed correspondence they got from Extend Studio. They also asked about wanting trials for Project Seven products and were trying to get ahold of PVII. At which time they stated Extend Studio got right back with them concerning support.

So @morrisd77927849 , did you ever try contacting Extend Studio? From that example above they were still quick to respond. If you legally bought the extension contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have contacted Extend Studio.  I have a trouble ticket open with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening,

I used Adobe Extension Manager to install the FlexiMenu 2 and it tells me that I need Dreamweaver Version 9 (See Attachd)??  If I used ExtendStudio Extension Manager.app, it installs FlexiMenu 2.  But when I restart Dreamweaver cc 2018, I do not see the FlexiMenu 2 in the INSERT menu.

Regards,

Morris Davis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morrisd77927849  wrote

I used Adobe Extension Manager to install the FlexiMenu 2 and it tells me that I need Dreamweaver Version 9 (See Attachd)??  If I used ExtendStudio Extension Manager.app, it installs FlexiMenu 2.  But when I restart Dreamweaver cc 2018, I do not see the FlexiMenu 2 in the INSERT menu.

This would be very easy if you could contact the developer .

There is a chance they did not update their EM for the current DW version. Or you could have an International English installation, which Adobe does not support. They only support extensions in English North American versions. This is a known Adobe bug. If this is the case, the easiest fix is to uninstall Dreamweaver, and re-install an English North American version (which you set in the CC Desktop App).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines