Flywheel and the IDD_SSH_KEY_CHANGE_DIALOG

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm getting the error constantly:

Failed to read the contents of xml resource IDD_SSH_KEY_CHANGE_DIALOG

I've deleted the ssh_hosts file in the config folder of Dreamweaver. A lot. Nearly 5x/day. I'm using Flywheel; they can't figure it out. They are managed WordPress hosting company, so all of my login info is the same aside from folder location. They use SFTP to connect.

Thoughts? Anyone?

A pain!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a discussion on a similar topic that could probably help you.

Strange SFTP error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, that discussion is out of date as the 'answer' referred to in the reference (i.e. step 12) is no longer valid.

I did rename the config folder, and it holds up for some time, but reverts back and gives me the same error.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver are you on? If you are on Dreamweaver CC, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation. Please send me the URL to this forum post along with your message for context.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC 2017. Latest install. I'll message you ID, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Messaged you Preran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, please check your inbox for updates.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paren, support team has been absolutely no help. They tried mimicking the problem. The problem happens, they have me rename/delete the ssh_hosts file, even after I tell them I have already done that; of course it fixes the problem temporarily, but comes back. It's a vicious cycle.

What's next? Drop Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. As requested over your private message, can you send me your case number?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here - latest DW, latest iMac 27" running Sierra - for me it's about once a month I have to delete the SSH files to get things working again. Serious pain in the middle of productivity! Running Flywheel sFTP like the others in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  My connection via SFTP was on my VPN, so if had to remove the SFTP Domain Name and put in the actual IP ADDRESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team tried to reproduce the issue in house after installing a trial version of Flywheel but were unable to reproduce the issue. They are continuing with their investigation though.

If any of you here have contacted our support team Contact Customer Care  and have a case number to share please send me the case number over a private message.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you still getting the issue while connecting to SFTP server via Dreamweaver.

If Yes, could you please share the list of Ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms which well help us debug the issue.

Also, if you could tell us, are you using a trial or enterprise flywheel account. Because we tried with a trial user and the connections were successful.

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a mac with the newest dreamweaver.  Getting the same error with Flywheel.  Has this been resolved?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to the link- https://getflywheel.com/wordpress-support/how-do-i-access-my-site-via-sftp/ for information regarding accessing your flywheel site using SFTP. I had a free trial account and tried connecting via Dreamweaver and it connected successfully.

There is one highlight though as mentioned by jasonbucktsia in case of corporate networks, you might not be able to connect to SFTP of flywheel and the connection might end up in an error message although the configuration is same as listed above. So,you can use your own WIFI- personal network for connecting because generally company networks have some security settings to not let such connections pass through.

Having said that, we would still try and investigate more to make sure that users should not face any issues while connecting Dw to any hosting servers so we would require the details of the site plans that you guys have used to setup your sites. We would configure the exact same in-house and test it out.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

It includes the SFTP connection issue fix, Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2018 and 2017 releases of Dreamweaver

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines