Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not displaying properly after reinstall on new Mac

Engaged ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I reinstalled DW CS6 on a new MacBook Pro. So far everything seems to work properly except the irritating fact that fonts don't display properly in design view on the new Mac whereas they did on the old one. Everything looks good if I look at the page in the browser but the fact that it doesn't look the same in design view like it used to makes me suspect that something is wrong with the new install. Any ideas on how to get it right? Or, do I just have to get used to a new way of looking at the world. (-:

Branko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

It's probably just some kind of code error that the browser can work past, but Design View can't.

Run the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably just some kind of code error that the browser can work past, but Design View can't.

Run the validator at http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I got was a bunch of warnings that "The type attribute is unnecessary for JavaScript resources."

Showing results for https://shyamasundaradasa.com/ - Nu Html Checker

I will remove them from the template. Then see if it helps. But somehow I doubt it. At least I wont get the warnings (-:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be due to corrupt or missing fonts on your system.  See this possibly related thread below.

Re: Can´t open Dreamweaver missing font Tahoma and Verdana ?!?!?!?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the same thing and made sure to install the 3 fonts required on my system, plus missing fonts that affected other documents. I then rebooted just make sure. Problem solved in MS Word, and Srivener but not DW. )-:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using web fonts from external sources like Google or Typekit?

If so, you won't see them in Design View.  Switch to Live View which is more like a real browser.   Additionally, I think Typekit requires a local testing server and your local IP address to display fonts locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am using in house fonts that work in MS Word. And as I said they used to be seen in design view on my 2011 MBP with Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see all the fonts in "Available fonts" in the "font family" dialog. So DW has access to them. But for some reason is not displaying them. (scratches head)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running CS6 on High Sierra?

Where are your fonts located?

What type of fonts are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes High Sierra, they are in ~ user/library/font.

"Alberta Extra Light", "Latin Modern Times10", "Albertus Medium". I am using them as web fonts.

Later today I will try changing the fonts in the css and see if that has any effect on how they display in design view. But I am not going to spend a lot of time chasing this one. As long as it works where it is supposed to - in the browser - I will tolerate that they look different in the design pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see some of the fonts. And when I change fnts in CSS they do change in design view. It could just be that that design view displays the font differently than it looks on the page. In any case it is not worth losing sleep over. However I am glad I asked because Jon's suggestion to validate my site found a major problem that I fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Font types are TTF (true type fonts) OTF (open type fonts), Postscript, WOFF, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy I took a look in all three Font folders and there are a gazzilion fonts most of which I don't need and that I didn't install. Will have to see about removing most of them using "monolingual.". But in the "user" font folder are all the fonts I installed. They work in MS Word and Scrivener but not DW )-:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines