• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Football Match Live scores timer

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get some codes for a timer on my live scores page for a football/soccer match done in DW cs6. Timer should be minutes and seconds (example 12:42) and should start when I upload the page. It should stop at 45 mins for the first half the match and go to 45+ time added (example 45+2:23). Should restart at 45 mins for the second half (example 45:00). Should stop at 90 mins and move to 90+ time added (example 90+2:23).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Maybe this will do what you want?  

Free Livescore - Step 1: Configure Your Livescore

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no HTML / JS solution, for this.  This will require a server-side scripting language (such as ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, etc.) and possibly a database.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a way this can be done in DW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a web developer for almost 18 years.  There is not any HTML / JS solution, so no it can't be done in DW.

What you describe requires a central point to be authoritative for timekeeping (a web server alone won't cut it; it would require CF, ASP, PHP, or some other server-side solution.)  Trying this with HTML / JS alone won't work because not everyone will be loading the page at the same time.

V/r,

^ _ ^

PS.  Not everyone's computer clock is synchronized, as well.

PPS.  Not everyone is in the same time zone, so you'd have to have a way of determining which time zone a user is in and modify a timer based upon that for determining when the clock should "start" and "stop".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You I will see how best I can work around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will do what you want?  

Free Livescore - Step 1: Configure Your Livescore

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty sweet.  I kind of thought that someone would offer something like that, but didn't Google for it.  That is precisely the kind of central authoritative source I was thinking of.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link will definitely make use of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the information given, but they do not allow me to create my own points standings for my league

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines