Format from Dreamweaver to cPanel

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to host my website on Go Daddy through cPanel. I uploaded my files (css and html) on cPanel but when I double click on the pages to make them appear online, their format is completely wrong and doesn't look like the Dreamweaver format at all. I called their help service and they told me that I had to ask Dreamweaver to put my files through FTP but I don't really know what that means. Could someone help me with that? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017
If you have C-Panel, that implies your hosting plan is on a Linux server and your site's Root Directory is public_html.  That's the folder to which you upload publicly accessible web pages. In Dreamweaver, go to Site > New Site or Manage Sites.   Enter your FTP log-in details in the Servers tab.  See screenshot.  The server log-in details were emailed to you when you set-up your web hosting account.   Once your site is defined, you can upload files directly from Dreamweaver's Files Panel by sele...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should help How to set up connection between Dreamweaver and the publishing server

Ben
Not a Google fan, use Bing instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have C-Panel, that implies your hosting plan is on a Linux server and your site's Root Directory is public_html.  That's the folder to which you upload publicly accessible web pages.

In Dreamweaver, go to Site > New Site or Manage Sites.   Enter your FTP log-in details in the Servers tab.  See screenshot.  The server log-in details were emailed to you when you set-up your web hosting account.  

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Once your site is defined, you can upload files directly from Dreamweaver's Files Panel by selecting local folders or files and clicking the UP arrow.   In this Expanded screenshot, Remote files are on the left side and Local files are on the right.  To collapse the Files panel, click the Expand button again.

exp-Files-panel.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines