• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum help

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, let me say that I appreciated all the responses to my "crys for help".

Maybe I'm just so many years away from Dreamweaer,  that I got confused and your responsed hit me like trying to learn a new lanuage for the first time.  The responses did NOT make sense.  I tried the "verify" to find the errors with out success.  I typed in the URL and I could not idnetify which file had the the problem.  there was no file identification.

I never could get a coldfusion teestine server defined.  the instructions did not make any sense.  I found it easier to transfer to the web host, a little at a time to test.  I never could figure out why all of the words were "crossed" out in Google chrome.  (BTW, Edge did not have this problem with the same code.)

lastly, I decided that I would try converting to HTML.  This solved the erronous lines, and I could look at the results inside Dreamweavr.  But when I tries to transfer to the web host,  an "Apache RedHat Welcome page"  was displayed and filezilla was aborted.  there was no explanation,  It appears that REDHAT wanted some very specific folders in the Local site (???).  I guessed that an HTML Website, is required to have a specific folder structure, that is NOT documented>

In short, I gave up.  It appears to me, that dreamweaver CC is very buggy.  (probably only to me)

Any ideas on how to FTP an HTML website withour running into APACHE . REDHAT.

Gail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact your hosting provider.  Confirm you have the proper server log-in credentials.  These vary by host and hosting plan and could very well have changed in the last 4 years. 

It's essential too that you upload files to your server's root directory. Otherwise, nobody can see the files when they visit your domain. See screenshot.

Server log-in detailsServer log-in details

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines