Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP Connection Problems

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to dreamweaver and using it for class. I made a portfolio and need to connect it using an ftp. I am using HostGator and have it all connected in dreamweaver. However, when I go to the host website I get an Error 404 message, so it is not connecting from dreamweaver to the public host. I feel like there is something simple I am missing. What I have in the local file is just the file that contains my project. In the root directory I just have a slash because every thing else I put gives me an error. Any help would be much appreciated

Here are some screenshots of the files and sites on Dreamweaver.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 11.42.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-15 at 11.42.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-15 at 11.41.56 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Looks like you're missing the server root folder.

All of my HostGator accounts need public_html for the Root Directory, otherwise everything is uploaded a level above the publicly available site directory. It might be worth checking out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you're missing the server root folder.

All of my HostGator accounts need public_html for the Root Directory, otherwise everything is uploaded a level above the publicly available site directory. It might be worth checking out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines