• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP error- cannot make connection to the host

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated some aspects of my company's website in dreamweaver, but when i try to connect to the host or remote server, an error pops up that says "FTP error - cannot connect to the host". We host through godaddy and I have talked to them and they said everything is fine on their end and it seems to be something in dreamwevaer. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

You can try connecting with the free Filezilla Client to make sure GoDaddy isn't just passing the buck.

GD messes up FTP credentials frequently during server updates and seems to try to blame the customer first pretty regularly.

If you can't connect with FZ, have GoDaddy reset your credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try connecting with the free Filezilla Client to make sure GoDaddy isn't just passing the buck.

GD messes up FTP credentials frequently during server updates and seems to try to blame the customer first pretty regularly.

If you can't connect with FZ, have GoDaddy reset your credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines