Highlighted

FTP error

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through all other posts, tried all suggestions, can't fix the error!

I use Dreamweaver CC and all was working perfectly, could put/get files directly from dreamweaver to web host. My computer was stolen. Got a new computer, set up the site and server exactly the same. It will not connect. I get the "FTP error, access denied, cannot find public.html, it might be a permission" error. I have looked at the permissions, they are not the problem. I looked at the log, the password and username pass, it gets stuck at the public.html phase. I can connect though filezilla but don't really want to use another program, I like the ease of hitting the put button when I make a small change. The only thing that it strange is the ftp log which says that the root directory is "/" not "/public.html".

Please, please help.

Karin

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FTP error

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through all other posts, tried all suggestions, can't fix the error!

I use Dreamweaver CC and all was working perfectly, could put/get files directly from dreamweaver to web host. My computer was stolen. Got a new computer, set up the site and server exactly the same. It will not connect. I get the "FTP error, access denied, cannot find public.html, it might be a permission" error. I have looked at the permissions, they are not the problem. I looked at the log, the password and username pass, it gets stuck at the public.html phase. I can connect though filezilla but don't really want to use another program, I like the ease of hitting the put button when I make a small change. The only thing that it strange is the ftp log which says that the root directory is "/" not "/public.html".

Please, please help.

Karin

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Below link might be helpful to you:Troubleshoot FTP issues in Adobe Dreamweaver

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I've already looked at that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Site > Manage Sites.  See screenshots.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

More Options:

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both combinations. No joy. Spoke with the web hosting company and they can connect, so all info is correct, but I cannot connect through Dreamweaver. They believe it is an error in Dreamweaver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use several web hosts on Linux servers and have no problem connecting from DW. 

Which PORT are you using in Filezilla?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can connect using Filezilla. The problem is connecting straight from DW without using Filezilla. The port was 21, which is the same as the port I use through DW.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have heard of SFTP issues in Dreamweaver, but I haven't heard of this one previously.

I suggest getting in touch with us Contact Customer Care for further investiation. Please share a link to this forum post so that the agent is aware of all the troubleshooting done thus far.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 0
KZBenn LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aargh! Found the error. I was using a full stop instead of an underscore in public_html. Couldn't see my own error. Please accept my apologies for wasting your time. Thanks so much for trying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 0