Highlighted

Ftp using yahoo web hosting

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreamweaver 20.0.  Does this edition support the web server yahoo when ftp and if so how can I set it up.  I have used

1.  ftp with incryption and without encryption

2.  with check mark passive and without.

When I purchased it I was told by Adobe that I would not need a third party provider that Dreamweaver can FTP with any server.  I did specify that I had yahoo and immediately was informed by them that it works.  Was I given the wrong information? Would you be honest and provide adequate information and let me know how do I connect using the _______________________

Authentication::

and More Options

Thanks

TOPICS
Error, How to, Import and export, Other, Product issue, Publish, Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ftp using yahoo web hosting

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreamweaver 20.0.  Does this edition support the web server yahoo when ftp and if so how can I set it up.  I have used

1.  ftp with incryption and without encryption

2.  with check mark passive and without.

When I purchased it I was told by Adobe that I would not need a third party provider that Dreamweaver can FTP with any server.  I did specify that I had yahoo and immediately was informed by them that it works.  Was I given the wrong information? Would you be honest and provide adequate information and let me know how do I connect using the _______________________

Authentication::

and More Options

Thanks

TOPICS
Error, How to, Import and export, Other, Product issue, Publish, Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Yahoo hosting and probably never will.  So I cannot confirm or deny that their servers are compatible with DW's built-in FTP feature.   But I will tell you that some web hosts are not compatible.  And in those rare situations, I use a dedicated S/FTP/TLS client called Filezilla.  It's free and available for both Windows or Mac.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 1