Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Suddenly, on Januany 22, 2021, after uploading several Dreamweaver  files to my hosting company,  I got and FTP error report, and I could no longer upload files.  Guessing that the problems was with the hosting company, I've been working with them for the past two days.  Based on the large number of files and logs that I forwrded, they ran numerous checks and test and came to the conclusion that the problem must be with Dreamweaver.

My questions: Is anyone else having new FTP problems with Dreamweaver?  If "yes", what are you doing to resolve them?

Also, last week, as an Adobe CC member, I was not able to get through to Dreamweaver Support, while Adobe other programs were accepting calls.  Does anyone know anything about that?

[Personal information removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shrimpnewsinternational,

Bob, you have been warned before NOT to post personal information (e-mail, URL and phone numbers) in this public user-to-user forum.  This is for your protection.  If you persist, your ID could be disabled.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to help, sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Adobe online chat is available in English 24/7.  Adobe phone support is M-F during normal business hours.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have no trouble with the built-in S/FTP in latest DW 2021 on latest Win10 over a stable fibre optics Internet connection.   Suggest you try uploading files with a dedicated S/FTP client like free FileZilla. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thanks for writing to us. Can you please let us know the Dw version with which you are facing this issue and were you able to connect to the same remote server earlier. Also could you please check if any of the steps mentioned in the below FTP troubleshoot page and resetting Dw app preferences resolves the issue. We will further debug the issue at your end since we are unable to recreate the issue internally with latest Dw 21.1 update.

FTP troubleshooting page: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-ftp-issues-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Reset Dw app preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As dumb as this sounds make sure your user name and password for the the FTP site are still in the site settings I have a few site where the user name and password have to be reentered each time I start Dreamweaver again. This has been going on for 2 years on some of my site setups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have a few site where the user name and password have to be reentered each time I start Dreamweaver"

=============

@haleyt88803336,

If that's true, your site definition files are corrupted.  Delete and create new ones with a computer user profile that has admin level permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. about 5 days ago all was fine with ftp uploads, same settings and paswords in use for many years. I uploaded to several different domains without a problem. Four days ago, ftp would not connect to upload files. Filezilla uploads without a problem.I spent many hours with the hosting company support team. They found no issues on their end and suggested to try filezilla. It works no problem.

My issue is that I have over 30 domains with 30 passwords that I saved in dreamweaver and cannot see them so I will be forced to reset them all to use filezilla as dreamweaver will not connect and there is no way to recover the login credentials. Dreamweaver has not been working for 4 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @HarryN 

So you're saying all site definitions have vanished?

Which version of DW?

Which OS?

I hope for your sake that you previously exported your site definition settings to STE file and saved to a safe place as backup.  You can easily import the STE file into Site > Manage Sites to recover your site definition settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines