• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

German, French and Spanish Accents: Is coding them necessary?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am pretty new to Dreamweaver, so I am still learning the basics. I am creating emails with French, Spanish and German content in Dreamweaver, and I wanted to know if I had to write code for the accents in the words, or if I could just paste them in. I am uploading Dreamweaver content to Acoustic Campaign which has the mailing lists. I just want to make sure that between Dreamweaver, IBM Acoustic campaign and the email server, the accents aren't becoming incoherent symbols if I just copy and paste them off of something like word of Google Docs (verses writing them in code).coded accents vs. copied accents.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some e-mail clients handle HTML very well while others like Outlook, don't.  But I think HTML entities are widely respected by most e-mail clients providing your header contains the UTF-8 charset.  I think HTML entities are probably safer than copy / pasting characters from MS Word for example.  To be safe though you might want to run some feasibility tests of your own in various devices and e-mail clients.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response and suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines