Highlighted

gif file error, gif won't upload?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

Trying to figure out why my gifs suddenly won't upload via dreamweaver. keep getting file error even after reinstall this morning with tech support, to update my creative suite. argh. Help? need to upload today or Monday if possible for event/book release Saturday. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

gif file error, gif won't upload?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

Trying to figure out why my gifs suddenly won't upload via dreamweaver. keep getting file error even after reinstall this morning with tech support, to update my creative suite. argh. Help? need to upload today or Monday if possible for event/book release Saturday. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you troubleshoot, use Filezilla  FTP client to transfer files to server. 

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

If that fails, then there is a problem with the host server or something between your computer and the host server.  Check your log-in ID and password to be sure it's correct.  Also ensure there is ample free space on the server.  If the server is full, it cannot accept new files. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact error you are seeing in the FTP Log (open the panel under Window > Results > FTP Log) when you try to upload?

Filezilla is a good alternative to DWs sometimes finicky FTP functionality, but if the problem is permissions-based which "just started happening upload issues" usually are, you'll need to contact your hosting company to repair them even if you get Filezilla.

The exact message from the FTP Log will usually shed light on what needs to be repaired.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 1