• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Git questions (initialize/clone repository)

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

• when using Git with Dreamweaver (and initializing a repo from Dreamweaver), does it create a public repository visible by anyone on a browser? Or is it private?
  • As I'm working on different computers/locations I would like to "Associate a Git Repository" and then "Clone an existing Git Repository using URL". How do I find the URL of the existing Git Respository? I have initialized it on computer A (I guess it's using github by default), but today I'm on Cpmputer B and I don't know where to find that URL.
  • Also, is there a way to see and manage all the repository created with a given Adobe ID? To see on which computer they are synced, etc. ?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

you seams confusing the GIT client and the GIT server...

Git client is like Filezilla, Cyberduck, Fetch, Cute FTP and so on...

Git server, is most of the time a HUB out there like Bitbucket, GitHub (just because this is among everything a social sharing network)

but one can set our own Git server for pure private use... (one also can open a premium account on most of the previous named hub...)

so if you just play Dw and Git... alone... where is it hosted... well... on your local web site folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best place to start is Learn how to download and use Git with Dreamweaver CC.

To answer your questions and assuming that you will be using GitHub:

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.

Yesterday I have installed Git on my machine then initialized a repository directly from Dreamweaver (not from Github as I don't have an account yet).

So, as I'm just using Dreamweaver + the Git client , so where and how can I see this public repository on my browser? And get the URL? Or maybe the operation I did yesterday is just local on my PC and there is no URL until I create a Github account? 

By default where is it Is it hosted?

I'm still a bit confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you seams confusing the GIT client and the GIT server...

Git client is like Filezilla, Cyberduck, Fetch, Cute FTP and so on...

Git server, is most of the time a HUB out there like Bitbucket, GitHub (just because this is among everything a social sharing network)

but one can set our own Git server for pure private use... (one also can open a premium account on most of the previous named hub...)

so if you just play Dw and Git... alone... where is it hosted... well... on your local web site folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines