• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google AMP anyone?

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many people have tried or are currently using AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) on their sites? 

What has been your experience so far?

Have you run into any snags with it?

https://www.ampproject.org/

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember a discussion on this last year, but I cannot remember if it was in this or another forum I take part in.

Most people thought of AMP as a step backwards for the experianced developer, as developers should be taking into account all the items AMP is trying to 'fix' anyway. Many people are developing for the latest and best browsers and devices, which is o/k providing that is the type of site user you know you are developing for.

AMP, is looking at helping developers get away from that type of thinking, (that everyone has the latest and best devices and connections). Many people, (most in developing countries) do not have the latest and best, but are often using old used devices, or cheaper devices with slower processors anf fewer features, and these end users are the target of sites created using AMP.

You may remember another discussion in which I said, developing countries often have better 3G coverage than any form of landline connection. A lot of the remoter areas in developed countries also have the same for internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines