Highlighted

Greyed out Put and Get in File Manager Tool

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put and Get actions are unusable from the left toolbar, File Manager tool. Put and Get are usable from the Files tab. I am trying to put a file on my server. Please see reference image below.  My FTP settings are connected since I have no problem uploading from the Files tab. I synchronized the server, no change. I disconnected and reconnected, no change. I can use "Put" and "Get" from the File Manager if I select Desktop instead of my server in the left hand drop down on the Files tab. I have the latest version of Adobe Dreamweaver 2020. It is January 6, 2020.

I think it could be a software issue, server settings issue, or something on my hardware. My co-worker works off of the same hard dive and he is able to use all "Put" and "Get" functions at all times. Please let me know if any of you have ideas or solutions!

Odd-thing.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I'm guessing your site is not properly defined.

Go to Site > Manage sites.  You should have a local site folder defined on your primary hard drive where DW is installed.  For example, C:\MyTestSite.

Local site folderLocal site folder

And your remote server's FTP credentials should be entered on Servers tab.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Expanding your Files Panel should allow you to display Remote and Local side-by-side like this. 

Expanded Files PanelExpanded Files Panel

Once connected to remote, you should be able to click & drag files from local to remote panel. 

TOPICS
Error, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Greyed out Put and Get in File Manager Tool

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put and Get actions are unusable from the left toolbar, File Manager tool. Put and Get are usable from the Files tab. I am trying to put a file on my server. Please see reference image below.  My FTP settings are connected since I have no problem uploading from the Files tab. I synchronized the server, no change. I disconnected and reconnected, no change. I can use "Put" and "Get" from the File Manager if I select Desktop instead of my server in the left hand drop down on the Files tab. I have the latest version of Adobe Dreamweaver 2020. It is January 6, 2020.

I think it could be a software issue, server settings issue, or something on my hardware. My co-worker works off of the same hard dive and he is able to use all "Put" and "Get" functions at all times. Please let me know if any of you have ideas or solutions!

Odd-thing.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Go to Site > Manage sites.  You should have a local site folder defined on your primary hard drive where DW is installed.  For example, C:\MyTestSite.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Expanding your Files Panel should allow you to display Remote and Local side-by-side like this. 

Once connected to remote, you should be able to click & drag files from local to remote panel. 

TOPICS
Error, Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1