• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have Wrapping Snippets now been completely disabled?

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe introduced the keyword shortcuts for Snippets, they disabled the ability to make Wrapping Snippets in that version of the program (I think CC2017.0). However, any wrapping snippets I had transferred from the old version still functioned correctly in the new, though I couldn't make a keyword shortcut (no big deal).

That seems to be gone now.

I was playing around making a wrapping <code></code> tagset snippet, as a possible work-around for another thread. I pieced it together in CC2015 and after transferring it to 18.1, it doesn't wrap. Neither do any of my old wrapping snippets that used to function on double click.

I'm wondering if I have an install glitch or if Adobe has finally killed all wrapping snippets entirely in CC2018.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

I had already voted for that one some time ago. I also started this thread in the Ideas section of the DW forum back in 2016 when the ability to create them was removed.

Removing the ability to create, and now the ability to use, wrapping snippets was and is a mistake by the development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wrapping snipppets has been removed.

Please leave a vote on below enhancement request to request the feature.

Wrap Selection with SNIPPETS – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already voted for that one some time ago. I also started this thread in the Ideas section of the DW forum back in 2016 when the ability to create them was removed.

Removing the ability to create, and now the ability to use, wrapping snippets was and is a mistake by the development team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. This feature has been removed, and was confirmed by the team. I will let the team know of your opinion.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

we are happy to inform you that we are back with the older functionality of Snippet Type radio options for wrap and Insert block options in Snippet dialog, in our latest Prerelease drop 15081.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/399/dreamweaver-build-15081-is-now-available/p...

Please join the prerelease program and try out the build and let us know your feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hot diggity!  Wrapping Snippets are back.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines