• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble installing Dreamweaver CS3 onto my new laptop

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Dreamweaver CS3 on my old laptop and when I transferred it over to my new laptop (both are Win10), I was easily able to get it to work but I could not get it to activate.

Ultimately, Adobe tech support tried and then told me to delete and reinstall. Which I did. But now I can't install. Even though this is the only Adobe app I'm trying to install (not include Adobe Reader, which is already installed), I get an error message that says, "Setup Already Running: You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Dreamweaver CS3."

Again, I'm not installing another Adobe product. I've deleted prior versions of Dreamweaver, per Adobe's instructions but nothing seems to work.

I just want to install and activate Dreamweaver, which I didn't think would be so hard since it loaded easily via CDs, Can anyone help me eliminate the error message so I can install and activate Dreamweaver? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to log in and follow the instructions here: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Short version: Adobe took down CS3's activation servers early this year. You'll need to log-in, download a special version of CS3 and prove you have a valid activation # to be given a new # that doesn't require the online authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's best to uninstall Creative Suite before you install the replacement version. Also, you may need to delete the Adobe PCD folder to wipe out the old activation countdown ticker.   The answer in this related thread should help.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft has disabled Macrovision's SafeDisc DRM in updates and in Windows 10 appears that CS3 installs that as part of it's DRM.

See event id 7000 in event viewer

The SecDrv service failed to start due to the following error:

This driver has been blocked from loading

Microsoft actually suggest that obtaining a patch or a crack for the application is safer than allowing SafeDisc or Securom DRM as they are basically root kits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines