Highlighted

Having Trouble With Defining a Local Site With a Testing Server

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Dreamweaver CC 2018 running on Win 10 Pro.

I am having a lot of trouble defining a local site with a testing server. I am using Wamp64 and my file structure as far as how I click through using my computer is this: C:/wamp64/www/seanvzwebguy/a3  My a3 is where my assets folder is and two php files index.php and results.php are that I want to be using that folder 'a3' folder where the two php files are.

This is how I pull the site up with wamp64 running: http://localhost/seanvzwebguy/a3/index.php

What do I choose for my local site folder given the above?

Where should I choose for my server folder?

Do I use the above local server address for the site definition or another one? If so, what should I type in for the web URL?

I am connecting using: Local/Network

My server model: PHP/MySQL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having Trouble With Defining a Local Site With a Testing Server

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Dreamweaver CC 2018 running on Win 10 Pro.

I am having a lot of trouble defining a local site with a testing server. I am using Wamp64 and my file structure as far as how I click through using my computer is this: C:/wamp64/www/seanvzwebguy/a3  My a3 is where my assets folder is and two php files index.php and results.php are that I want to be using that folder 'a3' folder where the two php files are.

This is how I pull the site up with wamp64 running: http://localhost/seanvzwebguy/a3/index.php

What do I choose for my local site folder given the above?

Where should I choose for my server folder?

Do I use the above local server address for the site definition or another one? If so, what should I type in for the web URL?

I am connecting using: Local/Network

My server model: PHP/MySQL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm having trouble with A4 index.php in the same seanvzwebguy folder. I keep on trying to click on 'Discover' and it takes a few seconds and then the 'Retry' option becomes available, so I click on 'Retry' again and then the same thing happens and I can't get this resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot the A4 folder in your URL.  You can remove the index.php portion. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2018 1
kim4fsu LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Nancy OShea! I should have known that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2018 0