• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding code becomes random

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will 'hide code' in the development window to save screen space.  The problem is when I save the page and come back into edit on it the next day the 'hidden' aspect has moved at random over the page.  I might 'hide' lines 25 to 55 and come back in to find that lines 15 to 30 are now 'hidden'.  Or I might come back in and find nothing is hidden.

How can this random behavior be stopped other than to never use the 'hidden' ability.  In case you never have used this, highlight a section of code and notice the down arrow that appears next to the numbers.  Click it and the highlighted code is removed from the screen view.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Are you working with error free code?

DW misbehaves when the code contains errors.

Go to Window > Results > Validation

If your document contains PHP scripts, you might want to go to View > Live Code and validate your Live Document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce it.

Below I have collapsed 4 blocks of code, lines 46 - 78.

I saved my file and closed it.

I reopened my file and the exact same blocks of code are collapsed, lines 46 - 78.

If this happens with all files, try Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens frequently now, but not every time.  I never noticed the problem until recently, however.  I will grab a screen shot next time to demonstrate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to troubleshoot abnormal behavior in DW is to restore preferences Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

If you face this issue again, I suggest trying the solution in the link and letting us know.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened again, but this time all the hidden lines just reappeared.  No screen shot needed as it looks like I didn't spend 10 minutes hiding old things.  However, the problem did appear on another page (screen shot attached).  Notice the hiding goes to the middle of a line.  Further, none of them can be unhidden by clicking them and there is no clicking the arrow next to them.

The only way out that I've found is to go to live view and back.  Then you can double click them and that will open them.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working with error free code?

DW misbehaves when the code contains errors.

Go to Window > Results > Validation

If your document contains PHP scripts, you might want to go to View > Live Code and validate your Live Document.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just restored preferences.  Now we can see if the behavior continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines