Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History functionality in code too invasive

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 11.23.34.png
In the code display, there are orange / green / red margins on the left which display the deleted code in a red block with an R to restore this deleted code.
Where are these functions explained?
I find this very annoying because I prefer to be able to simply select lines by clicking and dragging on the line numbers.
How can we deactivate this history reminder function?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Code , How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

The colored bars are there because you are using git as a version control system.

They show which sections of code have been deleted, changed and included, when the file(s) are compared with older/newer vesrsion from the git repository.

The color coding is almost standard for such use, (MS Word, Project, etc) and many version control systems do the same. I don't use git, but maybe another participant can tell you how to just use git as a 'back-up' sytem, (which is the only reason left to use git,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colored bars are there because you are using git as a version control system.

They show which sections of code have been deleted, changed and included, when the file(s) are compared with older/newer vesrsion from the git repository.

The color coding is almost standard for such use, (MS Word, Project, etc) and many version control systems do the same. I don't use git, but maybe another participant can tell you how to just use git as a 'back-up' sytem, (which is the only reason left to use git, without version control).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines