• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hitting 'enter' in the code panel does keep straight lines

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move over to CC2018 from 2016 and must note how big a learning curve it is.

One of the issues bothering me is when i am writing code (split screen - code on the left, design on the right) and i hit <enter> to get to a new line.

My pages are mixed HTML/Classic ASP and are usually defined as 'VBScript' in the language drop down at the bottom of the screen - mainly because the default 'HTML' mode does a bad job of trying to understand the ASP code. The 'VBScript' option is only slightly better from that perspective....

If I am using Word Wrap, which i usually like to, the lines sometimes go completely wonky.

Often, when i try deleting from the behind existing text, to try get it upwards to the end of the previous line - nothing happens, no matter how many deletes i do. Also, trying to 'tab' lines, to get them into a nice structure, does not work when in Word Wrap mode. Neither does CTRL + SHIFT + >

Here are some samples.

Sample : Why do some of the lines become so high.. See line 218 which only has a ' ' in it

When i de-activate Word Wrap (which can be very annoying to use, as the lines just disappear 'below' the design panel), i have somewhat better results when i hit enter. The new line is created properly - but more often then not, the cursor does not return  to the same location as the line above it, as i always had in CC2016. Very annoying as the code becomes untidy.

Sample: hitting <enter> after the 'movenext' and then starting to type, DW sent me all the way over to where the 'dfg... ' is now. Same happens with the following lines.

Thanks for your attention.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

To be sure, I don't recollect seeing this issue previously here. I suggest logging a bug with the product team providing all details.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver uses a modified version of Brackets for its code view. Also, ASP is no longer supported in DW. I am wondering if your issues have got something to do with these latest changes.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be, but am doubting so.

I am now working on a file that has an .asp extension - but other than 2 include files, has no ASP code at all. even the language selector on the bottom right remains in HTML mode.

and yet i just got the following weird line break issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be sure, I don't recollect seeing this issue previously here. I suggest logging a bug with the product team providing all details.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines