• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Homesite - can't dock validation results window

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Homesite 5 with Windows 10. No problems until a couple of weeks ago when the Validation Results window was suddenly free-floating instead of inserting itself as a bottom pane (as for example the Extended and Special Characters window does).  I can move the Results window to the bottom of the screeen, but this covers up the file names of my open documents. Suggestions welcome as to how to get back to how it was!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still recommend anyone having problems with Homesite to post on this forum, and people still do occasionally because it is an excellent program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you're in the company of one as nobody would use that aged out software today.  Not when you could freely use a modern code editor instead.

IIRC, Homesite was bundled with Dreamweaver 8 / CS2.2.  Sadly, I can't even suggest reinstalling because pre-CS4 activation servers were decommissioned years ago. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I'm happy to reassure you that your fears are groundless - a few people continue to use Homesite as a stand-alone program. I have been using it to do a particular job for over 20 years (since before it was bought out by Macromedia) and it does it perfectly. Obviously I can reinstall and at some point will do, but I was asking here more out of curiosity, just making sure there wasn't a simple View setting that I'd missed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shudder to think what a 20 year old site looks like on modern web devices. At any rate, this is a Dreamweaver CC community.  Nobody here knows what Homesite is much less how to fix it.

Goodbye & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably will dock again but because the software is so old it'll be a little glitchy ... try dragging the results window around the work space until it docks - it will probably not dock when it's aligned where you expect it too, look for a change in the windows apearance while you're moving it around workspace to indicate it's docked ....

You should probably look at a new editor, I think Homesite 5.5 was the last version .... I remember using it a long time ago. If you just want a code editor VSCode is as good as anything imo

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input Paul. I'm not that fussed with which editor I use, so long as it can search using using regular expressions. Horses for courses. For some things Homesite 5 / 5.5 is fine, for others it's not. But then I'm not a web designer. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines