• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover Item

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this message that follows my mouse around. I've gone through every menu trying to get it to go away. How can I get this grey box to go away? Half the time I can't even see the text I'm editing because it is over it. 

I don't use Dreamweaver a lot but, I do have to create our weekly email in it and this box drives me crazy.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.25.00 AM.png

TOPICS
Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

You might try working from the Live View Editor. It's a little different while working with tables, but the pop-up won't show.

To activate Live View's table mode...
1. Click the upper left corner of your layout table to get the blue table tab to appear.
2. Click the "hamburger menu" in the table tab to make a black highlight appear around your cells
3. From there, you can merge/split/add/remove by right clicking and choosing from the list

Otherwise, just select items so a blue highlight appears to ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's just the way your version of DW works when you are using tables for layout and trying to work in Design View.

There is no preference to disable it. 

The best way to avoid it, is to avoid using tables for layout.

For whatever reason, DW's dev team thought that was a mission-critical pop-up that always had to show in previous versions of the program. 

I don't see it in the latest handful of versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I only do weekly emails and unfortunately, need tables for this. I'm running the 2019 version so I guess I get the joy of getting it in all the versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try working from the Live View Editor. It's a little different while working with tables, but the pop-up won't show.

To activate Live View's table mode...
1. Click the upper left corner of your layout table to get the blue table tab to appear.
2. Click the "hamburger menu" in the table tab to make a black highlight appear around your cells
3. From there, you can merge/split/add/remove by right clicking and choosing from the list

Otherwise, just select items so a blue highlight appears to edit them. Text can be a little more tricky, requiring a double click in CC2019. CC2020 is much better to work with in the Live View Editor, but don't allow it to remove older versions when you install. That way you can keep the familiar versions while learning the nuances of the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines