• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I downgrade DW 2019 (back to DW 2018)

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was missing on PVII extension in DW2019 (Mac) Unfortunately I deleted DW2018. Adobe dropped support for Ext Mgr without any notice (major customer disrespect). I know I can't get any help from Adobe on this so I just want to downgrade back to DW2018. How do I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

It's a pretty simple process...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's Open/Update button
4. Choose Manage > Other Versions
5. Install the previous version you like

All of the versions listed there can be installed on the same machines at the same time. They won't run concurrently, but it allows you to keep using a version you're familiar with (that works correctly) while troubleshooting continues on the "latest and greatest".

In the future, make sure

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty simple process...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's Open/Update button
4. Choose Manage > Other Versions
5. Install the previous version you like

All of the versions listed there can be installed on the same machines at the same time. They won't run concurrently, but it allows you to keep using a version you're familiar with (that works correctly) while troubleshooting continues on the "latest and greatest".

In the future, make sure the checkbox for "Remove Older Version" is disabled in the installation dialogue, under Advanced Options, until you're sure the newer version will work for you.

(I still have CC2015 along side 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure to grab PVII's free Extension Manager from their site.

Adobe dropped the ball on the extension manager a few versions back (there also isn't one for 2018 from Adobe), but Project VII's is better than Adobe's was and works for installing extensions from other vendors too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this:

Upgrading Dreamweaver

If you have problems with your extensions in the future, give us a call or shoot us a mail.

http://www.projectseven.com/index.htm#support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines