• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop my 2014 MacBook Air fan from going into overdrive every time I open 20 DW files?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop my 2014 MacBook Air fan from going into overdrive every time I open 20 DW files?

This also happened with earlier MacBook Air and an iMac.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer:  Don't open 20 files at once.  

If you are working in a defined local site folder, your files panel contains all your site files.  I can't think of a single situation where I would want 20 open documents.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.

I guess my situation is a little different - I need to open 20 files at a time as I edit and upload around 160 new pages at a time every two or three days. The pages are based on templates I made. To open these files one at a time and then edit each one would double, triple or quadruple the time it takes me to edit them.

I select a batch of 20 files in the Files panel, double-click for them all to open. This can take a few minutes, during which the fans start.

I actually have to edit 102 templates several times a week.

The fan also goes crazy every time I open Dreamweaver after it crashes three, four, five... times a day. This has happened on different machines with different Mac OS versions and different DW versions (DVD based and now cloud-based).

I've been looking for a solution for years, but can't find one.
Here's hoping....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines