• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add an add to cart button onto a pop up photo in a gallery?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a photography website with a store using DW.

I have created a gallery using Visuallightbox. I want the individual pop up photos to contain an 'add to cart' button, rather than adding it next to each image in the normal gallery view.

I have included an image to show what I am trying to do. This is the pop up image from a gallery (not from my website)
Do I need to build a different gallery from scratch or can I use the Vlightbox and just add the code?
I am pretty clueless with html.

The add to cart button will most probably link to paypal. I know how to create paypal buttons. Will I still need to create individual 'add to cart' buttons for each photo?

HELP PLEASE?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, as I said, I am pretty clueless with html but vaguely know my way around dreamweaver.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 17.33.10.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to the modal window (lightbox) code for each image?   If not, then you can't do it. 

PayPal Add To Cart buttons are form scripts and each one is unique for each item.

Create an Add to Cart button - PayPal Developer

Keep in mind that PayPal is fiercely protective of their brand identity.  Their tems of service say you cannot change the appearance or code of their Add to Cart buttons.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised you're not able to quickly do that. Our tools make it easy:

Magic Box Demo

Perhaps you can contact the author of the widget you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vlightbox sounds like it's an image gallery specifically for vue js......are you using vue.js to build your website and is the below vlightbox the lightbox you are refering to:

https://olitaylor.github.io/vlightbox/

If so its way overkill for what you need. Post back and confirm the situation then someone can probably give you more guidance and a simpler solution.

EDITED:

Maybe its this lightbox:

jQuery Lightbox Generator. Mobile-ready, Responsive Lightbox Gallery

You mention initially Visual Lightbox and then further on in your post VLightbox, both are very different solutions, we need to know which one you are refering to, almost certainly Visual Lightbox, I suspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Visual Lightrbox I suspect.  And ti pulls images into a modal viewer from a folder of images.  My guess is there is no way to add PayPal code to the Modal without reprogramming the desktop app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines