Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i get sound to a gif in dreamweaver

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-1 down vote  favorite  

I need help to get sound to a gif so i have fount this site which explains how to add sound to a gif but i am having trouble this is the code would anybody be able to help me get this to work i am using Dreamweaver CC here are some examples of what i am trying to get done and i'll provide the code i have done and if anyone can help me would be much appreciated

https://github.com/mahdif/loud-links/ is the Javascript used

https://loudlinks.rocks/ - Examples

<script src="js/loudlinks.min.js"></script></body> where have i gone wrong i've included  <script src="js/loudlinks.min.js"></script> above </body> as it has said so i dont know why it's not working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

The github page provides steps how it works, but assumes basic web coding skills. And you must provide the sound file for each gif in two formats: mp3 and ogg for full browser compatibility.

Looking at your code, you have two </body> tails, which means your html doesn't validate, and may get in the way of a working page. So solve that first.

Other things to check:

• You must have a sounds folder. In that folder you need two sub-folders: mp3 and ogg
  • Convert your mp3 sound file to ogg Online OGG converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIFs are image files.  They cannot support sounds natively because they are merely images.

If you want animation with sounds, use MP4 video instead of images.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really check this then the creator himself if you can get me to get this to work i'll even pay you £20-50 https://loudlinks.rocks/  examples are there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is a tool that you use similar to any other tool. A hammer does not build a house, it is a tool to help you build the house.

Having said that, your question has been answered here html5 - How do i get sound to a gif in dreamweaver - Stack Overflow

Seeing how you are ignoring that answer, how can we help you?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen i've tried everything on the examples i will pay you £20-50 if you can get it to work here's the examples https://loudlinks.rocks/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The github page provides steps how it works, but assumes basic web coding skills. And you must provide the sound file for each gif in two formats: mp3 and ogg for full browser compatibility.

Looking at your code, you have two </body> tails, which means your html doesn't validate, and may get in the way of a working page. So solve that first.

Other things to check:

• You must have a sounds folder. In that folder you need two sub-folders: mp3 and ogg
  • Convert your mp3 sound file to ogg Online OGG converter
  • Place the mp3 version in the mp3 folder.
  • Place the ogg version in the ogg folder.
  • In your js folder, copy the loudlinks.min.js file.
  • At the end of your html file just before the tail of the body insert the link to the loudlinks javascript file
  • Add your image, and attach the loud-link-hover class.
  • Also add an attribute data-sound="mysound". No need to add an extension. The script will search for the audio file(s) in the sounds sub folders.

That's it.

Here is a simple example I made for you:

https://www.wizzydev.com/uploads/gifsoundtest.zip

Unzip, and open the index.html file in dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines