Highlighted

How do I link my Dreamweaver website to my Facebook Business page

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my business website in Dreamweaver and need to knhow how do I link my website to my Gacebook Business Page. I would appreciate any suggestions as I have googled this issue and cannot find any answers.

Thank you in advance

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

There's really no mystery/special workaround to link to Facebook pages from DW...

1. Go to your Facebook page from your computer's browser (do not log into Facebook, log out if you are)
2. Copy the entire address in the browser's location bar
3. In DW's Design View (and/or Live View in later versions) click the image you want to use as a link
4. Paste the address into the Link field of the Properties window and hit Enter/Return
5. Save and upload your page

That's really all there is to it. 

TOPICS
Bootstrap, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I link my Dreamweaver website to my Facebook Business page

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my business website in Dreamweaver and need to knhow how do I link my website to my Gacebook Business Page. I would appreciate any suggestions as I have googled this issue and cannot find any answers.

Thank you in advance

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

There's really no mystery/special workaround to link to Facebook pages from DW...

1. Go to your Facebook page from your computer's browser (do not log into Facebook, log out if you are)
3. In DW's Design View (and/or Live View in later versions) click the image you want to use as a link
4. Paste the address into the Link field of the Properties window and hit Enter/Return

TOPICS
Bootstrap, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't overthink this.  Simply place a text link anywhere on your site that leads to your FB  URL.

<a href="https://your_facebook_page.com">Link to Facebook</a>

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. I'm not overthinking this, however, I need the link to be from an image to my Facebook Business Page and I tried to use the Hyperlink feature in Dreamweaver but it did not work.

CJ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I was logged into Facebook and when I logged out and did what Jon said, it worked. All of you are amazing! Thanks again.

Carolyn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a thought...

The steps I gave won't work if your Facebook page is set to Private. It will just give a "This Page Isn't Available..." warning with a bandaged Facebook like icon.

Make sure your "Page Visibility" in your Facebook admin area is set to "Public". That will allow you (and prospective customers) to find/browse to the page without being logged in so you can grab the correct link to put in your site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Jon said about linking to FB public pages, if something in your site doesn't work as expected, check your code for errors.   Go to Window > Results > Validation, check document.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 0