Highlighted

How do I make Dreamweaver scan for git

Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have git installed on my Mac (I can use git with any other program on my mac that has git support) but for some reason Dreamweaver wont let me use its git integration.  Every time I try I get the following message

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 22.59.19.png

and when I click OK to see the preferences - there is hardly anything set in there - as per this screenshot

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 22.59.30.png

Can someone help me solve this problem because I have had to download Brackets and I don't want to use Brackets.  I want to use the software that I pay for, which is Dreamweaver.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED ALREADY

1:  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver.

2:  Test git in other applications (Terminal, Brackets and others - git is installed and works)

3:  I have tried to change the path to the Git exe to /usr/bin/git (this is the standard location for git on Mac OS X)

4:  I have added the path directly to my Macs Terminal - /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app (Standard location for the terminal on Mac OS X)

Despite trying all of the above, I still can not get Dreamweaver to enable Git integration.  Can anyone with more experience of solving this problem help me out?

Thanks

Jay

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

Have you installed this application?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I make Dreamweaver scan for git

Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have git installed on my Mac (I can use git with any other program on my mac that has git support) but for some reason Dreamweaver wont let me use its git integration.  Every time I try I get the following message

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 22.59.19.png

and when I click OK to see the preferences - there is hardly anything set in there - as per this screenshot

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 22.59.30.png

Can someone help me solve this problem because I have had to download Brackets and I don't want to use Brackets.  I want to use the software that I pay for, which is Dreamweaver.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED ALREADY

1:  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver.

2:  Test git in other applications (Terminal, Brackets and others - git is installed and works)

3:  I have tried to change the path to the Git exe to /usr/bin/git (this is the standard location for git on Mac OS X)

4:  I have added the path directly to my Macs Terminal - /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app (Standard location for the terminal on Mac OS X)

Despite trying all of the above, I still can not get Dreamweaver to enable Git integration.  Can anyone with more experience of solving this problem help me out?

Thanks

Jay

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 2
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply BenPleysier but why would I need to install Git when I am on OS X and OS X comes with git as standard - no installation needed.

I have not installed Git specifically but Git is already installed because I can use it in Terminal (all Git commands are available to me) and other applications that allow Git integration are working fine without specifically needing to install Git.

Or have I misunderstood?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0
jaygtel LATEST
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did install the Git application from that link you gave me - my computer is now using the universal Git version 2.16.3 rather than the apple git version 2.15. 

It also installed Git /usr/local/bin/git rather than /usr/bin/git, which is where it was before. 

Git now loads in Dreamweaver but I now have a different problem.  Not sure why it wouldn't use the apple git version that came installed with OS X but oh well.

I can use the Git panel in Dreamweaver but if I try to open the Terminal from within Dreamweaver (say to do a secure commit using my GPG signature), it fails with the message:

"Dreamweaver could not locate git-bash on your computer"

So it looks like I have solved one problem and created another.  I will create another post rather than adding to this one as this problem has been solved

Cheers

Jay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2018 0