• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove all hints and code help from Dreamweaver 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I used Dreamweaver 2015 for a very long time. I spoke with an adobe rep and they told me I needed to update. The new version of Dreamweaver 2018 trys to do so much for you that it slows you down if you know how to code..I am tried to disable code hints and that did not work..

Is there a way to disable all features so I can write the code the way I want and just use the FTP with it..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Hello bradleya65462991,

Can you please let us know the DW version and OS version where you are running into the issue.

You can find DW version and build number About Dreamweaver window:

• Win: Help menu->About Dreamweaver
  • Mac: Dreamweaver CC menu->About Dreamweaver

You can disable auto completion of quotes and brackets with below steps:

1. Quit Dreamweaver
  2. Open following file in a text editor:
    • Win: %appdata%\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\brackets.json
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Suppor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To disable code hinting, click Edit > Preferences > Code Hints, and deselect Enable Code Hints.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried this multiple times...Doesn't change anything..I called Adobe customer service...For example..when I type a single "(" it creates "()" then I have to hit backspace to enter the string in...I just want it to type the "(" like I did...Also if I type a double quote it wants to add another one...It is very confusing to use..

Lastly, I can never figure out where my cursor is throughout this process when it is automatically adding these items...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bradleya65462991  wrote

when I type a single "(" it creates "()" then I have to hit backspace to enter the string in...I just want it to type the "(" like I did...Also if I type a double quote it wants to add another one...It is very confusing to use..

When you type an opening parenthesis or quote, Dreamweaver places the cursor between them. No need to delete the closing parenthesis or quote. Just start typing to enter your string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But what if there already IS a close quote?  Then I have to manually delete the extra one added by DW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bradleya65462991,

Can you please let us know the DW version and OS version where you are running into the issue.

You can find DW version and build number About Dreamweaver window:

• Win: Help menu->About Dreamweaver
  • Mac: Dreamweaver CC menu->About Dreamweaver

You can disable auto completion of quotes and brackets with below steps:

1. Quit Dreamweaver
  2. Open following file in a text editor:
    • Win: %appdata%\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Brackets\brackets.json
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2018/en_US/Configuration/Brackets/brackets.json
  3. Set below 2 flags in the file to false which are set to true by default.
    • "autoCloseQuotes": false,
    • "autoCloseBraces": false,
  4. Save and close the file
  5. Launch Dreamweaver.

Autocompletion of quotes and brackets will be now disabled.

Also when you opened the brackets.json, can you please let us know if showCodeHints flag is set to true or false.

This flag will be set to false when you deselect and click on Apply button in Preferences window thereby disabling code hints in code view: "Edit Menu > Preferences > Code Hints > Enable Code Hints".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to work...Why is it that Dreamweaver does not have these options in preferences?

• "autoCloseQuotes": false,
  • "autoCloseBraces": false,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently these feature flags can be enabled/disabled by editing the json file.

We have a ER logged to add these preferences to UI, so users can directly customize these preferences within DW app.

We will update once this is available.

Can you please let us know if you are now able to disable code hints. Or the issue still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines